Sunday, August 7, 2011

Anne Hathaway as Emma Morley? Bitch, please!

So if anyone has had the pleasure of reading One Day by David Nicholls, then you will know exactly what I am talking about. Anne Hathaway may be many-a-thang, but Emma Morley she is not. As soon as Emma is introduced in the book, it's easy to see that she is an awkward, sorta frumpy women's rights type with bad hair and worse fashion sense. True that AH ticks two out of those three boxes but Emma's character right off the bat is warm and charming and, at least I, kind of identified with her or at the very least empathized with her. AH does not portray warm or charming. Sorry Annie, darling, but it's true.

When I posted my disgust on Facebook, everyone was like, "OMG! I know! She *so* is not Emma!!" and "I can't picture it at ALL!" Well this makes me wonder who the hell could play Emma in this movie, then?  Is it Janeane Garofolo? Why is she the answer to every character like Emma? Because I'm old and have no idea who else could play that role and I want to say names like Blake Lively (too sexy) or Leighton Meester (she's Blair Waldorf, and no body else) or Tina Fey (anyone else sensing a pattern here? Like, how I only watch Gossip Girl and 30 Rock?) Maybe.

Who is the real Emma Morley?!

No comments:

Post a Comment